CURRENT Corona del Sol students – click here for course registration information and how to sign up for Concert Bands, Percussion Ensembles, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Steel Drum Band, and Color Guard for next year! ALL Brass, Woodwinds, and Color Guard should bring course registration paper to Mr. DuPlessis to double-check course numbers and to sign (he will also keep track of signups to make sure students get band on their schedule with the Guidance Office). All Percussionists should bring course registration paper to Mr. Werner to double-check course numbers and to sign.
- Corona del Sol band in the news – click here for Channel 3 story!
- School Tax Credit donations (be sure to select school – Corona del Sol, and activity – Band). Single taxpayers can donate up to $200, and married couples filing jointly can donate up to $400. All donations can be deducted dollar-for-dollar from your Arizona State Taxes. You can donate as little as $5 and it would still benefit our program!
- General donation to our Boosters for the band program (if you live out-of-state, or have maxed out your tax credit) – pick any amount!
- Corporate/Individual Sponsors – levels of sponsorships on this document. Feel free to share with local businesses or individuals that might be interested in reaching hundreds of families in the community! Interested companies should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up sponsorships.
- Individual Sponsorships to support our 2022 Marching Band Show:
- 11/18 – Playoff Game #1 (HOME Game at Corona, vs. Mesa HS) – 5 pm call time. The band will perform their show at Halftime like a normal home game. We will load the trucks after the game for the State Championship on 11/19.
- 11/19 – Arizona State Championship at Glendale Community College – click for schedule and parking map
- If a parent/guardian needs to drive a student to or from an event – please fill out the district permission slip and return to Mr. DuPlessis AT LEAST one day prior to the trip. Note – students are not permitted to drive themselves to or from an event. Students should also remind their bus chaperones if they are not returning with the bus.
Welcome back to school! Here is our Band Handbook Agreement form for all concert band classes (1st hour Symphonic Band, 2nd Hour Freshmen Concert Band, 6th Hour Wind Ensemble). Please review the HANDBOOK and fill out the AGREEMENT FORM by FRIDAY AUGUST 5. Thank you!
- Middle School Recruiting Concert (Wind Ensemble ONLY with middle school bands): Wed. Sept. 28
- Fall Band Concert (ALL Concert Bands): Thurs. Sept. 29
- Holiday Concert (ALL Concert Bands/Percussion Classes/Guitar Classes): Thurs. Dec. 15
- TUHSD Concert (Wind Ensemble ONLY): Tues. Feb. 7 at Mountain Pointe HS
- Spring Band Concert (ALL Concert Bands and Jazz Bands): Thurs. March 9
- Area Concert and Jazz Festivals (off-site field trips): TBA (late-February/early March)
- State Concert and Jazz Festivals (Wind Ensemble and Jazz Band 1 ONLY): April 24, 25, 26, or 27 off-site
- Music Under the Stars (ALL Concert Bands and Steel Band): Fri. April 28 (Tempe Diablo Stadium)
- Year-End Jazz Bands and Steel Band Concert – Date TBA (May)
- Pops Concert (ALL Concert Bands/Percussion Classes): Tues. May 16
- Graduation Performance (ALL Concert Bands): Thurs. May 25
The percussion, guitar and piano concert is on October 18th in the CdS auditorium @ 7pm. Advanced tickets are now on sale at the online bookstore portal until October 13th. After that you can purchase tickets at the door the evening of the concert. Tickets are $5 and are assigned in the order they are received. The Fall Percussion, Guitar and Piano Concert will feature our Percussion Classes, Advanced Guitar, Advanced Piano, Middle School Students and The Brisas Mallet Masters.
To purchase tickets:Go to the online portal (copy link into your browser)
You must sign in using your parent view username and password or sign in as a guest user.Once you are in the system click on:”Items At All Schools” “High School” “Corona del Sol” “PERCUSSION”and finally click on:”Fall 2022 Percussion, Guitar and Piano Concert October 18th, 2022 @ 7:00PM”
Congratulations new and returning members of the Aztec Marching Band! Below you’ll find all the paperwork you need to get ready for Band Camp 2022 in Prescott, and the exciting season ahead!
- Band Camp Paperwork, Payment Deadlines, Medical Paperwork
- Marching Band Information Form (DUE by MAY 6)
- 1st payment of $400 due on MAY 6 (see Paperwork above for more info). PAY BY TAX CREDIT HERE (make sure to select Corona del Sol, and BAND for activity when paying).
- BBQ Band Camp Order Form for families – coming soon
- RegisterMyAthlete.com -> to submit medical paperwork (DUE JULY 1)
- CALENDAR (click “Calendar” button on main menu). We have all football games, rehearsals, events, and concerts for next school year posted so you can plan ahead. We highly recommend “subscribing” to the google calendar!
Saturday April 30 – ABODA VISUAL SUMMIT (for new band council) – click here for schedule/details
Saturday May 7 – JAZZ BANDS CONCERT at Paloma Elementary School Amphitheater (ALL Jazz Bands) – Call Time 5 pm at Paloma, Concert Starts at 7 pm
Tuesday May 10 – BAND and PERCUSSION POPS CONCERT AND AWARDS (ALL Concert Bands and ALL Percussion Ensembles) – Call Time 6 pm, Concert Starts at 7 pm ($5 tickets at the door)
Thursday May 19 – GRADUATION PERFORMANCE (ALL Concert Bands, except graduating seniors) – Call Time 5:45 pm, Performance Starts at 7 pm
June 2 through June 4 – ARIZONA LEADERSHIP CAMP AT CORONA (required for new band council) – click here to register (select “pay by check” – checks made payable to Corona del Sol Band Boosters for $50 per student)
Congratulations to everyone who tried out for the All-State honor groups – it is a very competitive process and we are proud of everyone who auditioned! We had three CdS Band students make it in, and 2 alternates. We will get music and paperwork out as soon as it is available.
- Brogan Keys – Band Bass Clarinet 4
- Skyler Padilla – Orchestra Horn 2
- Derek Winters – Band Tuba 3
- Caden Shelton – Percussion Alternate 1
- Alex Zhao – Percussion Alternate 2