Update: THANK YOU to all our Invitational chairpeople and army of parent and student volunteers who made our Invitational a HUGE success! It was a truly special day and we appreciate everyone who gave their time to help run a FIRST CLASS event.
Please remember our Band goal of “Perfect Attendance” – we need all students at all events to be successful! Please plan accordingly with the following schedules.
- October 19 – Corona del Sol Invitational
- October 26 – Dobson Invitational
- November 2 – ABODA State Marching Band Semi-Finals at Mountain View HS (schedule TBA – plan on an afternoon call time and evening performance)
- November 8-10 – Bands of America Regional Championship in St. George, Utah
- November 16 – ABODA State Marching Band Championships at Glendale Community College (schedule TBA – plan on an afternoon call time and evening performance)
- Judging Sheets can be found here – see what your band is being adjudicated on!
- Need to drive your student to or from an away football game or marching band competition (i.e. – not taking bus to or from an event)? Parents ONLY can drive their student to/from an event in a private vehicle. Here’s the NEW FORM – please download/fill out/email back to Mr. DuPlessis at firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week prior to the event. Forms turned in the day of the event will not be accepted.
Every year the boosters use Poinsettias to decorate the front of the stage for the Holiday Concert which will be held on Thursday, December 12th. Plants are purchased by band families and friends which take them home after the concert. The red plants have a foil bottom wrapping and are 6” in size. Plants are $11 each.
This is an individual fundraiser which means the profit goes into the individual student’s account. Accounts are used to pay for audition or winterguard fees, future band trips or band camp. Fundraiser available to all band members, percussion students and guard members. Students will make $4 per plant.
You can purchase them now by using this order form.
The percussion concert is on October 22nd in the CdS auditorium @ 7pm. Advanced tickets are now on sale at the online bookstore portal until October 17th! After that you can purchase tickets at the door the evening of the concert. Tickets are $5 and are assigned in the order they are received. The Fall Percussion Concert will feature our Percussion Classes, Guitar Classes, World Music Classes and our famous Orange Man Group. This concert usually sells out! To purchase tickets:Go to the online portal (copy link into your browser)
https://az-tempeunion.intouchreceipting.com/ You must sign in using your parent view username and password or sign in as a guest user. Once you are in the system click on: “Items At All Schools” “High School” “Corona del Sol” and finally click on:”2019 Fall Percussion Concert”
Congrats to the Aztec Marching Band on their amazing performances at the Bands of America Regional Championship in Flagstaff this past weekend! The band scored 7th place in Finals and 3rd place in Prelims. Score summaries and Full Recap scores (with all bands listed) can be found on our marching band page. Judges’ recorded commentary can be found here (all students should listen when they can!)
What a great morning at Corona del Sol for our Homecoming celebrations. It all started with Fox 10 visiting campus featuring our band, cheer squad and football team. Then came an appearance by the Orange Man Group and CdS Percussion at the Homecoming Pep Rally. See the highlights below:
Great job to our Aztec Marching Band who had a GREAT first assembly and football game performance, cheering our varsity football team on to victory! The band also had a strong first halftime show! Band members are required to review the show video AND the show animation video (with part 3 included) at least twice before next this Monday’s rehearsals:
We have just updated our list of needed supplies on Amazon. Helping is easy!! Just click here and you will see our list on Amazon. When ordering, choose the “Corona Band’s Gift Registry Address” under “Choose a shipping address.’ Thank you for your continued generosity of the band program.
Congratulations to Kevin Delzepich, Emma Werner and Rheaven NeSmith on their amazing performance with the Academy Drum Corps this summer!