New or Returning to Band/Percussion/Guard next year? Please fill out this Google Information Form by Friday May 15 (this form is for ALL members, even if you aren’t doing Marching Band)
Need a school instrument for the summer (especially Marching Band)? Please fill out this quick request form so we can get in touch with you about check-out days.
Help us build our city. We have multiple levels of sponsorship opportunities available.
- Skyscraper sponsor – $500(we will use existing scaffolding with new custom-printed vinyl to create a few skyscrapers to set our scene. Your name/message will be printed on the vinyl) – our goal is 3 sponsors
- Central Park bench sponsor – $200 (your name/message will be included on a gold plaque on the bench) – our goal is 12 benches
- Central Park light post sponsor – $100 (your name/message will be included on a gold plate on the base) – our goal is 12 light posts
- Front Panel sponsor – $50 (the front of the field will have 3′ tall panels that will be decorated with New York scenes and Subway maps. Your name/message will be printed on the vinyl) – our goal is 30 sponsors
- Bass Drum Head sponsor – $150 sponsor a drum head and you get to keep it as a souvenir at the end of the season – our goal is 5 bass drum heads
- Flag sponsor – $25 (we will be looking to bring down costs for our color guard members, so purchasing a flag can help bring down fees and get more people involved in the guard. No names will be printed on the flags to keep the flag costs low) – our goal is 50 sponsors
Click the link below to access our online store and become a sponsor today!
We live-streamed our Band Awards on Tuesday May 12. We celebrated our Winter Guard, Percussion Ensembles, Steel Band, Jazz Bands, and Concert Bands – with awards presented for all groups. We also celebrated our Class of 2020 with a special video tribute, as well as the reveal of our Fall Marching Band Show theme!
Video Update from Mr. DuPlessis (Week 6 – week of May 4)
Congratulations to our students who auditioned for upper-level concert bands for next year. Here are the results of the auditions for Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Band for next school year.
Congratulations to our new 2020 Band Council! (see video above for more details). We had a record number of students try out for leadership positions and we are excited to begin our training. The first leadership meeting is Tuesday May 5 from 3-4 pm on Zoom. We will follow up with a meeting with Bill Humbert on Thursday May 7 from 3-5 pm, with more to come. Click here to see the new band council list.
Calling all Seniors! Check your email – we are collecting photos and videos for our Senior recognition. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in the slide show (send by Thursday this week!)
Band Awards will be online next Tuesday, May 12 at 7 pm. We will honor our seniors, and present awards for Concert Bands, Percussion Ensembles, Jazz & Steel Bands, and our Guard program. We will also reveal the new 2020 Marching Band theme!
As we transition from this school year to next, we know you have plenty of questions. So, we have developed an FAQ that will be updated as new information becomes available. Please let us know if we missed any topics by emailing email@example.com.
See the latest Frequently Asked Questions and Answers.
Special congratulations to Corona Band seniors who have applied and been awarded the 2019-20 Arts Seal of Proficiency from the State of Arizona Department of Education! They will receive a special seal on their diploma recognizing the extra work they have contributed to the Band and their arts studies over the last four years at Corona.
- Andy Amazeen
- Thomas Carroll
- Carson Clark
- Maleah Cooper
- Kevin Delzepich
- Heather Dominguez
- Lauren Greenberg
- Kara Hardy
- Jax Hatfield
- Isabelle Henderson
- Kendall Jarman
- Mikale Kaminer
- Tommy LaPenna
- Daniel Lim
- Sam Maurer
- Lisa Masuyama
- Gina Mills
- Drelyn Monroe
- Alex Pichardo
- Eliades Ponce
- Tyler Shelton
- Christopher Shin
- Maxine Tuason
- David Utagawa
- Anika Voss
Please enjoy this video of the 6th hour Percussion Class. This was our project for week 1.
Band Video Update from Mr. DuPlessis: https://youtu.be/FSdDD1stC-Q
Band students – we have one last chance to pick up instruments that you may have left at school. Please sign up for a time to pick up instruments this Thursday April 9 here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C084DA8AB22A2FB6-instrument This is the LAST chance to pick up instruments for this semester. Please show up for the time you sign up for – instruments will be brought out to the curb of Knox Road and be separated by ten feet to keep your distance from others.
Percussionists (new and returning) – we are doing Zoom video help sessions for next year’s Pit and Drumline – please email Scott Werner (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need the link!
We are posting new Schoology assignments for Band and Percussion – make sure you are in the habit of checking in each Monday for the week’s assignments!
Last – here’s all the information you need for Band Council Applications!
- Application steps/process & Leadership Position Descriptions
- Google Form Application (Due by April 19)
- Zoom Interview Sign-up (starting the week of April 20) – coming soon!