- Leadership Interest Meeting – Presentation Link from Wed March 2
- Band Council Application Process (read through this document FIRST)
- Band Council Application – due Friday March 18 (login with your school email address in Google Forms to access the form)
- Drum Major Audition Score (m.1 to downbeat of m.74) “Into the Storm”
- Drum Major track to conduct with (this audio file is the whole song; the audition will only go to m.74)
We will be starting up our 2022 Aztec Marching Band with “Spring Training” sessions and workshops starting in March! There are sessions for students interested in woodwinds, brass, drumline, pit, and color guard. These sessions are required for anyone interested in joining the band for next season. Incoming freshmen (current 8th graders) should also these sessions to train and be prepared for the season! Click here for a full list of dates (also on our website calendar).
- REGIONAL HONOR BAND & ORCHESTRA FESTIVAL (for those who successfully auditioned into these groups) – Friday February 18 & Saturday February 19 – to Central HS
- JAZZ BAND 1 – Area Jazz Festival (Tuesday February 22) – to Paradise Valley Community College
- WIND ENSEMBLE (6th hour band) and ORCHESTRAS – Area Concert Festival (Wednesday February 23) – to Desert Mountain HS
- SYMPHONIC BAND (1st hour band) and FRESHMEN CONCERT BAND (2nd hour band) – Area Concert Festival (Friday February 25) – to Highland HS
Drum Line Help Sessions (Snare, Tenor and Bass)
- Workshop 1 – Saturday March 26th 8am – Noon
- Workshop 2 – Monday March 28th. 6-9pm
- Workshop 3 – Monday April 4th 6-9pm
- Workshop 4 – Monday April 11th 6-9pm
- Workshop 5/Auditions – Wednesday April 13th 6-9pm
PIT (Mallets, Timpani and Accessory Percussion) Help Sessions
- Workshop 1 – Monday April 11th 6-9pm
- Workshop 2/Auditions – Wednesday April 13th 6-9pm
All workshops are held in the music area of Corona del Sol High School. Enter the campus through the Knox road parking lot. Enter the building behind the auditorium. Once you enter you will find the Percussion Room C170.
Students can choose which position they would like to audition for in the percussion section. The positions available are PIT (mallet percussion and concert percussion) bass drum, snare drum and tenors. After the audition, the instructors will place the students on the instrument that will be of greatest benefit to the percussion section as a whole. The more HELP sessions you attend the greater your chance to be in the section.
You will receive music at the workshops!
Questions? Please contact Scott Werner: firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to the 45 CdS Band students who made it into the AMEA West Regional Honor Band and Orchestra, and 10 students selected as Alternates! Thanks to everyone who auditioned, as well as all of our volunteers that supported the event! Regional Musicians will participate in the Regional rehearsals and concert on Feb. 18-19 at Central High School. Students will receive music this week to start practicing.
REGIONAL ORCHESTRA WINDS/PERCUSSION
- Piccolo – Cecilia Johnson
- Flute 1 – Emily Zemke (top score!)
- Flute 2 – Blaire Whitlatch
- Bass Clarinet – Brogan Keys
- Horn 1 – Skyler Padilla (top score!)
- Horn 3 – Raquel Rubio
- Trumpet 2 – Jacob Mandt
- Trombone 1 – Paul Rittenhouse (top score!)
- Trombone 2 – David Zhao
- Trombone 3 – Mathias Logvin
- Percussion – Alex Zhao
- Percussion – Ben Kim
- Piccolo – Krystal Mayoral (top score!)
- Flute 1 – Max Elliott
- Flute 2 – Shelby Cavanaugh Toft
- Flute 2 – Emily Riley
- Oboe 1 – Eli Shapiro (top score! also made Clarinet!)
- Bassoon 2 – Amber Mayoral
- Clarinet 2 – Clare Abel
- Clarinet 2 – Magnus Tucker
- Clarinet 3 – Jeffrey Jacoby
- Clarinet 3 – Joseph Luis
- Clarinet 3 – Aysha Viene
- Alto Saxophone 1 – Ian Berkram
- Alto Saxophone 2 – Blake Gonzalez
- Trumpet 1 – Justin French
- Trumpet 1 – Madeline Plenn
- Trumpet 1 – Isabel McClure
- Trumpet 2 – Christian LaPenna
- Trumpet 2 – Noah Voss
- Trumpet 3 – James Nelon
- Trumpet 3 – Emma Erlandson
- Trumpet 3 – Hunter Gastelo
- Horn 2 – Haley Ross
- Trombone 1 – Andre Palma
- Trombone 2 – Gwyndolyn Hall
- Euphonium – Cooper Anderson
- Euphonium – Rachel Smalley
- Tuba – Derek Winters (top score!)
- Tuba – Owen Dock
- Tuba – Andrew Ross
- Tuba – Casey Strauss
- Percussion – Caden Shelton
- Percussion – Ben Kim
- Flute Alt 1 – Margot Benrimo
- Flute Alt 3 – Alana Smith
- Clarinet Alt 1 – Logan Haglan
- Tenor Sax Alt 1 – Jack Jacobs
- Bari Sax Alt 1 – Kyle Bombardier
- Bari Sax Alt 2 – Caleb Cortez
- Trumpet Alt 1 – Addison Schapiro
- Trumpet Alt 3 – Jonathan Sanchez
- Horn Alt 1 – Dallon Jarman
- Trombone Alt 3 – Connor Neal
On January 28-29, the CdS Wind Ensemble will perform at the AMEA Music Educators Conference. They were selected as a featured group representing the best of the best in Arizona bands and orchestras. On Friday 1/28 they will perform a joint concert with the Red Mountain HS Band (parents and families are invited to watch the concert) and on Saturday 1/29 they will perform as a live demonstration group with renowned educators Michael Pote and Kyle Young (from the Grand Nationals Championship winning Carmel High School Band). More details and maps can be found here.
Please see our SIGN UP GENIUS for volunteers (parents and students) – instructions will be emailed out for the various jobs. Thank you for your help in running this event!
Please read the audition guidelines here, bring a Photo ID, your instrument, and etudes. Plan to show up about an hour prior to your assigned audition time to sign in, find your audition room, and warm up prior to the audition.
Auditions for the CdS Jazz Bands will be Monday December 13 or Tuesday December 14. Sign up for times on the bulletin board by the Band Office (before school, during band class, or after school times available). Download audition music here (backing tracks and more details are also available) – check your email or ask Mr. D for the password!
Congratulations to the Aztec Marching Band on their strong 4th place finish at the WBA Southern California Championship! Special thanks to all our families that traveled to California and volunteered with meals, moving equipment, driving trucks, and more – we literally couldn’t do it without your amazing support.
On Friday night (11/19), we will have our SENIOR NIGHT recognition and our PARENT PERFORMANCE where we will do a special presentation of our show for friends and family before the state championship. Let’s have a great last week and finish our season strong!
Our last competition will be on Saturday, November 20 at the ABODA STATE MARCHING BAND CHAMPIONSHIP. We have a call time of 3:45 pm, and a performance time of 8:30 pm. More information can be found on our schedule here. This is a REQUIRED performance for all marching band members, so please plan accordingly.
Score Recap from CA: https://recaps.competitionsuite.com/b0e4599e-5d15-42dc-9689-bd2db9eac919.htm