We are so proud of our CdS students that just wrapped up their first week of school in this online format. As teachers, it has been so great to see the students and start making music together again in the Concert Band and Percussion classes. We are excited to find new ways to connect with our students, even if we aren’t in the same location.
We also wanted to inform everyone of our weekly Marching Band schedule, that we will start next week. Instructors will be in touch with their groups on Zoom logins so that students can participate after school to continue to earn course/PE credit for marching band (we will also post links/times on our Schoology page for Marching Band). We will be meeting in an “after school” format, until it is safe to be back on campus. If, and when, we are back on campus – we will return to a “zero hour” before-school format.
Our goal is to keep Marching Band an active, vibrant part of our school community and keep kids engaged in fun and meaningful activities. Our staff has been working “overtime” to make this happen and they are excited to get to work!
Marching Band 2020 Typical Weekly schedule
(if this changes, we will let everyone know at least a week in advance):
- Band Council Meeting (3 pm – 3:40 pm)
- Pit (2:30 pm – 4:30 pm)
- Drumline (3:30 pm – 5:30 pm)
- Brass/Woodwinds Visual Rehearsal (3 pm – 4 pm)
- Color Guard (4 pm – 5 pm)
- Brass Music (3 pm – 4 pm)
- Woodwinds Music (3 pm – 4 pm)
- Sectional Time with Student Leaders and their sections (3 pm – 3:40 pm)
- Brass/Woodwinds Ensemble Rehearsal (3 pm – 4 pm)