Congratulations new and returning members of the Aztec Marching Band! Below you’ll find all the paperwork you need to get ready for Band Camp 2022 in Prescott, and the exciting season ahead!
- Band Camp Paperwork, Payment Deadlines, Medical Paperwork
- Marching Band Information Form (DUE by MAY 6)
- 1st payment of $400 due on MAY 6 (see Paperwork above for more info). PAY BY TAX CREDIT HERE (make sure to select Corona del Sol, and BAND for activity when paying).
- BBQ Band Camp Order Form for families – coming soon
- RegisterMyAthlete.com -> to submit medical paperwork (DUE JULY 1)
- CALENDAR (click “Calendar” button on main menu). We have all football games, rehearsals, events, and concerts for next school year posted so you can plan ahead. We highly recommend “subscribing” to the google calendar!
Saturday April 30 – ABODA VISUAL SUMMIT (for new band council) – click here for schedule/details
Saturday May 7 – JAZZ BANDS CONCERT at Paloma Elementary School Amphitheater (ALL Jazz Bands) – Call Time 5 pm at Paloma, Concert Starts at 7 pm
Tuesday May 10 – BAND and PERCUSSION POPS CONCERT AND AWARDS (ALL Concert Bands and ALL Percussion Ensembles) – Call Time 6 pm, Concert Starts at 7 pm ($5 tickets at the door)
Thursday May 19 – GRADUATION PERFORMANCE (ALL Concert Bands, except graduating seniors) – Call Time 5:45 pm, Performance Starts at 7 pm
June 2 through June 4 – ARIZONA LEADERSHIP CAMP AT CORONA (required for new band council) – click here to register (select “pay by check” – checks made payable to Corona del Sol Band Boosters for $50 per student)
The Youth Steel Band is for students that are currently in grades 4th through 8th grade. There are 2 different bands to register for.
1. The Early Band consists of 4th, 5th and 6th graders (8am-9:45am)
2. The Late Band consists of 7th and 8th grade students (10am-11:45am)
Learn the music of the islands on authentic steel drums!
Fee: $75 – NO REFUNDS
Only 25 spots in each band!
To register click on this link: az-tempeunion.intouchreceipting.com
Are you a parent or guest user (no children in high school)? Log into one of these
Click: Items At All Schools
Click: High School
Click: Corona del Sol High School
Click: PERCUSSION/STEEL DRUM
PICK the class your student fits into! – Sign UP!
June 6th – June 10th, June 13th – June 16th
June 16th All students have concert in Band Room @ 6pm
Dress for the concert: Tropical shirt
Where: Corona del Sol High School 1001 E. Knox Rd. Tempe AZ 85284
Drop off students on Knox Rd. Behind the auditorium. The gate will be open and the door to the percussion room will be open.
Hope you can join us! – Scott Werner – Questions? email@example.com
Congratulations to everyone who tried out for the All-State honor groups – it is a very competitive process and we are proud of everyone who auditioned! We had three CdS Band students make it in, and 2 alternates. We will get music and paperwork out as soon as it is available.
- Brogan Keys – Band Bass Clarinet 4
- Skyler Padilla – Orchestra Horn 2
- Derek Winters – Band Tuba 3
- Caden Shelton – Percussion Alternate 1
- Alex Zhao – Percussion Alternate 2
- Leadership Interest Meeting – Presentation Link from Wed March 2
- Band Council Application Process (read through this document FIRST)
- Band Council Application – due Friday March 18 (login with your school email address in Google Forms to access the form)
- Drum Major Audition Score (m.1 to downbeat of m.74) “Into the Storm”
- Drum Major track to conduct with (this audio file is the whole song; the audition will only go to m.74)
We will be starting up our 2022 Aztec Marching Band with “Spring Training” sessions and workshops starting in March! There are sessions for students interested in woodwinds, brass, drumline, pit, and color guard. These sessions are required for anyone interested in joining the band for next season. Incoming freshmen (current 8th graders) should also these sessions to train and be prepared for the season! Click here for a full list of dates (also on our website calendar).
- REGIONAL HONOR BAND & ORCHESTRA FESTIVAL (for those who successfully auditioned into these groups) – Friday February 18 & Saturday February 19 – to Central HS
- JAZZ BAND 1 – Area Jazz Festival (Tuesday February 22) – to Paradise Valley Community College
- WIND ENSEMBLE (6th hour band) and ORCHESTRAS – Area Concert Festival (Wednesday February 23) – to Desert Mountain HS
- SYMPHONIC BAND (1st hour band) and FRESHMEN CONCERT BAND (2nd hour band) – Area Concert Festival (Friday February 25) – to Highland HS
Drum Line Help Sessions (Snare, Tenor and Bass)
- Workshop 1 – Saturday March 26th 8am – Noon
- Workshop 2 – Monday March 28th. 6-9pm
- Workshop 3 – Monday April 4th 6-9pm
- Workshop 4 – Monday April 11th 6-9pm
- Workshop 5/Auditions – Wednesday April 13th 6-9pm
PIT (Mallets, Timpani and Accessory Percussion) Help Sessions
- Workshop 1 – Monday April 11th 6-9pm
- Workshop 2/Auditions – Wednesday April 13th 6-9pm
All workshops are held in the music area of Corona del Sol High School. Enter the campus through the Knox road parking lot. Enter the building behind the auditorium. Once you enter you will find the Percussion Room C170.
Students can choose which position they would like to audition for in the percussion section. The positions available are PIT (mallet percussion and concert percussion) bass drum, snare drum and tenors. After the audition, the instructors will place the students on the instrument that will be of greatest benefit to the percussion section as a whole. The more HELP sessions you attend the greater your chance to be in the section.
You will receive music at the workshops!
Questions? Please contact Scott Werner: firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to the 45 CdS Band students who made it into the AMEA West Regional Honor Band and Orchestra, and 10 students selected as Alternates! Thanks to everyone who auditioned, as well as all of our volunteers that supported the event! Regional Musicians will participate in the Regional rehearsals and concert on Feb. 18-19 at Central High School. Students will receive music this week to start practicing.
REGIONAL ORCHESTRA WINDS/PERCUSSION
- Piccolo – Cecilia Johnson
- Flute 1 – Emily Zemke (top score!)
- Flute 2 – Blaire Whitlatch
- Bass Clarinet – Brogan Keys
- Horn 1 – Skyler Padilla (top score!)
- Horn 3 – Raquel Rubio
- Trumpet 2 – Jacob Mandt
- Trombone 1 – Paul Rittenhouse (top score!)
- Trombone 2 – David Zhao
- Trombone 3 – Mathias Logvin
- Percussion – Alex Zhao
- Percussion – Ben Kim
- Piccolo – Krystal Mayoral (top score!)
- Flute 1 – Max Elliott
- Flute 2 – Shelby Cavanaugh Toft
- Flute 2 – Emily Riley
- Oboe 1 – Eli Shapiro (top score! also made Clarinet!)
- Bassoon 2 – Amber Mayoral
- Clarinet 2 – Clare Abel
- Clarinet 2 – Magnus Tucker
- Clarinet 3 – Jeffrey Jacoby
- Clarinet 3 – Joseph Luis
- Clarinet 3 – Aysha Viene
- Alto Saxophone 1 – Ian Berkram
- Alto Saxophone 2 – Blake Gonzalez
- Trumpet 1 – Justin French
- Trumpet 1 – Madeline Plenn
- Trumpet 1 – Isabel McClure
- Trumpet 2 – Christian LaPenna
- Trumpet 2 – Noah Voss
- Trumpet 3 – James Nelon
- Trumpet 3 – Emma Erlandson
- Trumpet 3 – Hunter Gastelo
- Horn 2 – Haley Ross
- Trombone 1 – Andre Palma
- Trombone 2 – Gwyndolyn Hall
- Euphonium – Cooper Anderson
- Euphonium – Rachel Smalley
- Tuba – Derek Winters (top score!)
- Tuba – Owen Dock
- Tuba – Andrew Ross
- Tuba – Casey Strauss
- Percussion – Caden Shelton
- Percussion – Ben Kim
- Flute Alt 1 – Margot Benrimo
- Flute Alt 3 – Alana Smith
- Clarinet Alt 1 – Logan Haglan
- Tenor Sax Alt 1 – Jack Jacobs
- Bari Sax Alt 1 – Kyle Bombardier
- Bari Sax Alt 2 – Caleb Cortez
- Trumpet Alt 1 – Addison Schapiro
- Trumpet Alt 3 – Jonathan Sanchez
- Horn Alt 1 – Dallon Jarman
- Trombone Alt 3 – Connor Neal