Check out our latest Steel Drum Video! Can’t wait to perform live on May 11th!!!!
We are starting up our Marching Band for the upcoming school year and we want YOU to be a part of it! Our Woodwind, Brass, and Color Guard sections will all meet on Friday April 16 to kick things off.
- Meet in the CdS Stadium between 5:30-5:45pm for Check-in
- Bring a large filled water bottle with your name on it
- Wear a mask that you will be comfortable wearing outside
- Be prepared to move! Wear comfortable athletic clothing and athletic shoes.
- No instruments are needed – we will just be starting marching and guard skills.
- Invite a friend and share this flyer – the more, the merrier!
- Leadership Interest Meeting Presentation Link from Monday April 13
- Band Council Application Process (read through this document FIRST)
- Band Council Application – due Sunday April 18 (login with your school email address in Google Forms to access the form)
- Drum Major Audition Score (m.1 to downbeat of Letter R) – ask Mr. D for the password to access this file
- Drum Major track to conduct with (this audio file is the whole show; the audition will only go to Letter R)
Congratulations to the following band and percussion seniors for receiving the “Arizona State Seal of Arts Proficiency.” Ashlee Attridge, Julia Brown, William Freiheit, Davin Jarvis, Abraham Jimenez, Anais Sarian, Nathan Yang, Ethan Courter, Drew Sitz and Joel Wacloff.
The Arizona State Seal of Arts Proficiency is the latest testament to a rich history of excellent arts education in the state. This diploma seal is administered by the Arizona Department of Education’s Office of Arts Education and is awarded to graduates who complete minimum arts pathway requirements throughout their high school career. The State Seal of Arts Proficiency, or SB1111 as sponsored by Senator Paul Boyer, had bipartisan support and was a grassroots effort from Arizona Arts Education Advocates from across the state. It was signed into law by Governor Doug Ducey on May 14th, 2019. Board rule was adopted by the State Board of Education on October 28th, 2019.
Congratulations to our hard working Corona Band students that auditioned for the All-State Honor groups. We had four students selected into the All-State Band: Magnus Tucker (clarinet), Skyler Padilla (horn), David Zhao (trombone), and Derek Winters (tuba). Great work!
Help support the Corona del Sol Colorguard by buying custom DIY kits from AR Workshop Chandler! 15% of the proceeds go back to the Colorguard team for next years season.
To participate in this fundraiser click on this link and order your craft today. You have until April 7th to order. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSejr4M75PUpx4Ovl40_VZQqzNJ-tEA99QfBpNhTkG38D9ab2w/viewform?fbclid=IwAR0o94vguvdk5dSRDGiKOFNT1ZD91qEjNOEi_9bOeLHskBBBaR36k2F0YpA
Here are the dates for the Drum Line/PIT help sessions. We are looking to get a few more people involved next year. All rehearsals will be in the Corona del Sol Music area. Please arrive at 5:50pm in front of the auditorium. We will then do our temp. check. Please wear a mask and stay socially distant from each other. If you are a new student at Corona please fill out the “TUHSD-Extracurricular-Waiver-2020-2021”. Hope you can join us!
Drum Line Help Sessions Dates: April 1st 6-9pm, April 8th 6-9pm, April 15th 6-9pm, April 22nd 6-9pm, April 29th Auditions 6-9pm
PIT (Marimba, Vibes, Timpani) Help Session Dates: April 22nd 6-9pm, April 29th 6-9pm
Congratulations to the 44 students from the Corona del Sol Band Program that successfully auditioned into the AMEA All-Regional Honor Band and Orchestra! We’re so proud of ALL our students who went through this audition process and the hard work that went into preparing. We will be emailing individual score sheets to your student email. More details will be shared for participation in this year’s virtual Regional Concert as we have them.